hey there are welcome to my blog

hello there and welcome to my blog, 

I am going to try and keep it updated as often as possible and for as long as possible... I have never really kept a diary or a blog before, but i enjoy telling people about what i do and to share my experiences with them!!! I have had people there to speak to through the fun times, hard times, and the pretty ruff & sad times!!! 

My plan is to keep this blog updated with things i deal with at work, whilst out on duty, and also in my hopeful future career within the ambulance service!!!

please feel VERY free to leave a comment, make me feel appreciated. 

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, 4 September 2008

size 8 steel toe capped boots to the rescue!

My first proper post im going to dedicate to my magnums!

My duty "safety" boots deserve some recognition for the things they have been through with me!!! 

They have protected my toes from being crushed by crowds of people, things being dropped on them, and getting run over by wheelchairs whilst trying to hold doors open for them. They've many different fluids spilt/vomited over them.

They have kept my feet warm, dry and comfortable! I can't ever remember having any blisters caused by them! 

They are a one of a kind companion, and will never leave my side!

Recently they went above and beyond their call of duty...they protected me from a little hood rat!

I was walking home from a the train station in uniform just after finishing a duty, when a little spotty twat asked me for the time, then he asked me if i had a phone, then he told me to give him my phone or i was going to "get shanked". i hadn't seen any knifes or tools, so without even thinking i just kicked him in the shin.

He screamed, I ran!

i probably caused another job for the LAS coming through as an "assault" (but really it was self defense). i don't think i have ever broken someone else's bone... I'm not even sure if i broke his, i kind of hope i did!!! 

so... in recognition of your service with me, Thank you!!!

No comments: